Parking Ticket Appeal Process
- Any person who feels that a parking ticket was issued in error should first speak with the Officer who issued the ticket.
- If it remains unresolved, the ticket may be contested by filling out the Damariscotta Parking Ticket Appeal Form.
- All parking enforcement tickets must be appealed within 5 days of receiving the ticket.
- To file an appeal, complete the appeal form, and either drop it off or mail it to the Damariscotta Police Department.
- The administrative review process does not involve a court appearance, and will be reviewed within 10 days by either the Chief of Police or his designated representative.
- If the review is denied, you are obligated to pay the Parking Fine noted on the ticket within 5 days of notice of denial.