Dog Licenses

Please bring proof of current rabies vaccination at time of registration.  If the dog is spayed or neutered, we will need to see the spay or neutering certificate.  Dog licenses expire every year on December 31st, and a late fee of $25.00 is imposed as of February 1st.  This is the State of Maine law and not something the Town is able to waive.

Marriage Licenses

Congratulations!  You are engaged to be married!  Couples need to fill out marriage intentions in front of  the Town Clerk, or a Notary Public; however, BOTH applicants must sign the official license in the presence of the Town Clerk, before the license will be issued.  If you are a Maine resident, you must file intentions in the municipality that at least one of you resides.  Non Maine residents may file intentions in any municipality.  The State has changed the application process for issuing marriage licenses.  As of July 1, 2017, we will not process applications after 3:00 p.m.  Please allow ample time due to the fact that the application process may take a minimum of one hour.  Please do not hesitate to call the Town Office with any questions or concerns at (207) 563-5168.

Hunting & Fishing Licenses

Maine residents must be a resident for at least 3 months to obtain a resident license.  For hunting licenses Maine residents must provide proof of prior license or proof of completion of hunters’ safety course.  Any nonresident is eligible to purchase a nonresident hunting license once proof of prior license, hunter safety course completion is provided.